// Spiritual Sunday \\

so with this new curriculum in Sunday school i have LOVED going to Sunday school. Because 1. I have an amazing teacher and 2. i actually learn so much more!

january-the godhead 

i actually take notes in class. (judge me make fun of me whatever, it actually really helps me through that week)

today i took these notes:
=perfect doesn't mean perfect how we think of it it means complete or fully developed. because when you think that you have to be perfect it scares you doesn't it? it kinda scares me. But in the footnotes of Matthew 5:48, i think, it tells you that and it gives me a sense of security so to say.. it makes me feel like i can accomplish perfection.
=Alma 34:32 which says, "for this is the time for men to prepare to meet god" and not meaning like take your life, its just saying that we need to be preparing to meet him so when he does come to visit us or at the second coming we will be ready to see him.
=Becky, my teacher, gave us the challenge to See God in all we do this week, in people, nature, scripture, etc. i am going to try my best.
[in order to make sure i do that i made a little frame with cute speech bubbles in it so i can write anything on it to remember for the week or month or day whatever i need i write on that and place it right by my door.]
=1st Samuel 16:7 one of the best scriptures that everyone really needs to remember. go look it up!
=My YW leaders extended a challenge to read the Book of Mormon by August 1st, to be honest i am slacking. But i am going to get on that and finish it, you all should too!
=Hopefully you actually looked up 1st Samuel 16:7 and now you can go look at D&C 18:10 its straight and to the point. Love it!
=Heather, my YW leader, pointed out the YW theme in class today. and i hadn't really noticed that some parts we CAPITALIZED. But i wrote down the parts that were. it has nothing to do with the godhead really but look at this.
We are Daughters,
We will stand,
We believe,
We will be prepared.
I don't know how i haven't noticed that in all my YW years, but i really like that it says that it's reassuring to me.

i hope you liked this little spiritual splurge cause i think i am going to do one every Sunday! :)

xoxo jordyn standage

Challenges:
-book of mormon by august 1st
-look for god(the good) in your week

hope you are all having a great sunday. 

Comments