|| Junior Prom ||

so as most of you thought..i hadn't gotten asked to prom, but guess what? i did go!

prom:
Whether you've dreamed about prom night since you still wore footie pajamas, or even the thought of dancing in public gives you butterflies in your stomach, prom is a night you’ll never forget. Of course, you may remember it as being cool, funny, embarrassing, awesome or totally lame the night depends on you.Prom is a day that every little girl dreams about, every teenage girl experiences, and every woman looks back on. Prom night is a night where looking like a princess is expected, and you dance the night away.

it can also be the most stressful and hectic day of the year i imagine weddings will be somewhat like this. so my day went a little like this... wait lets back it up a little here is how my friday went. my friends kidnapped me after school and took me to go get some u-swirl because they are amazing, they wrote me notes and made me cry..again.. it was so sweet of them to be so nice to me even though i was being the biggest brat about not getting asked to prom. 

[let me just say that i truely and honestly am sorry about all the blog blurbs, tweets, instas and fb posts about not getting asked..i am such a little snob! i'm sorry!]

but after that sarah dropped me off to do chores and then all the cars at my house disappeared..my sister had one at work and my family went to the Alta and LP games on Friday night..so i was car-less so what do i do? i pulled up netflix on t.v. and watched gossip girl. i got pretty far too, i only have a few more episodes left actually! but i was in for the night so i stayed up till about 4:30 a.m. watching gossip girl and eating food. then i finally went to bed..but my little brother J.T. came in to wake me up telling me there was something at the door for me. it was a dozen roses, a little stuffed animal, a note and chocolate! mmm my friends are probably the cutest people ever! but if it wasn't for her waking me up so early on a day i had nothing to do or anywhere to be i wouldn't have seen the text from kyle saying "hey what are you doing today, because i wanted to accompany you to prom" that he sent to me at 8:13 a.m. 

after i freaked out and said yes yes yes a thousand times we started planning we were trying to find a group but lets be real everyone was at the day activity so we waited until 2ish when Jaden texted me back saying we could join their group! i got ready and he picked me up @ 5:30ish and we headed over to Brady McDermott's house for some group pictures! there were mom's that were very proud of me for pulling my dress, and hair and everything together so quickly! but really i didn't do anything major, because i had asked my cousin, Chelsea, to send me a dress just in case i got asked. my hair was easy i mean hello pinterest, i had shoes from homecoming and nail polish to match so i was golden. but after waiting for Jaden and sewing Brooke's dress we were ready for some pictures! Brady's house was perfect for pictures! 

we went to Olive Garden for some delicious dinner and it was josh's "birthday" so he got sang to..apparently he kisses a lot of girls ;) good thing the girls took a bathroom break (Except Kara and I) 

after dinner we headed to the dance! it was a blast, until the end we went to the mosh pit area and i think that everyone should take off their shoes at dances cause i got stepped on my heel it started bleeding then it got stepped on again and i swear it was an instant bruise it was swollen in the car so i got some ice at jaden's house! it killed like no other not to mention that my big toe feels like its broken! it's still stinging! 

but after the dance we headed over to Jaden Johnson's loft to watch Super 8. it was a good movie for the first 30 minutes..thanks to an early curfew we left :( but man that loft was legit! hanging lights and sheets, with couches and bean bags! major props to the boys for putting that together it looks awesome! :)

a HUGE thank you to Kyle Strauss for asking me no matter how late you did i had a blast! sorry for basically falling asleep on you on the car rides! i was dead!

and thank you to my group for letting us join literally last minute! i seriously had the best time ever! :)

Date: Kyle Strauss
Group:
-jaden & kimmy
-max & jessica
-josh & rachel
-nick & kara
-carter & laura
-brady & brooklynne
-kyle & i


kyle and i

Photo: such an awesome group!!

our cute group


thank you again!

xoxo jordyn standage

Comments