| My Journey |

I have been with YMAD since May, it has been the best experience I could have asked for, honestly. From the beginning I have had so many people discourage me by saying, "fundraising is going to be so hard, how are you going to do it?" "Deadline is getting close you need to do more you aren't gonna make it." And stuff like that. To the people who said that and were doubting my ability to successfully make it through this year long process I say, "You're wrong, I did it over $4,000 raised in a year time period. I DID IT. I am going to India in a week and I proved you wrong. I had all of my money well before each dead line, I even had more sometimes." Thank you for doubting me, it just made me drive harder and work for it more.

I haven't even gone to India yet but I have learned to many things like

Love- I love everyone on my expedition like family, I hate thinking about how we are going to separate and not see each other every month at our YMAD meetings, we all say that we will stay close after but honestly I don't think everyone will hold to that very well.

Dedication-YMAD is hard, but so worth it every night I babysat or everyday where I spent every waking hour at the pool earning money was worth it. These kids in India are going to be so thankful that I gave up clothes and a car and so much to come visit them. I am thankful I gave up all of that to go visit them.

Persistence-YMAD was the 10th thing I had to try out for and since I failed at the first 9 I was scared I was going to again, I almost didn't apply because I didn't think my heart could take it. But I did and now look at me, its the only thing I ever talk about. You can't give up, when the going gets tough the tough get going, I believe that 100% you never know when your next strike could strike gold. Keep going it pays off.

Friendship-Every weekend when no one else texts me I know that Samantha, Cookie or Kaleb will text me to hang out. Every weekend with out fail. I love it. I have become so close with everyone and I wouldn't trade these friendships for the world. They are my family. I know I could call anyone on my list and they would be there for me in a heart beat! I appreciate each and everyone of them so much, I don't know what I would do with out their cute faces and positive attitudes surrounding me!

I have changed so much all ready and I haven't even experienced the best part of the whole journey yet. But I go in a week everyone. At 8 in the morning next Friday, I will be at the airport ready to fly half way across the world.

Its honestly the only thing I can think about and its the only thing I talk about..I am sorry if you think its annoying, just avoid me until I leave, and if you don't want to hear my stories after, you're going to have to avoid me until graduation because I'll be talking about it for forever.

I still can't believe its here, and I can't believe that at our last retreat, which seemed like yesterday, we were freaking out about 100 days. Now we are down to 7, 1 week. I can't even stand it.

xoxo Jordyn Standage

Comments

  1. Jordy. I am so very proud of you. I will admit I may have doubted a LITTLE but I'm not sure why? If anyone has the determination to get things done it is most definitely you! I love you so much and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment