S O C I A L - W O R K

so i have declared my major
as social work
because i want to be a recreational therapist
for kids.
obviously.. i love kids.

but wanna know what's been bothering me?
others. 
and how they are telling me 
"there is no money in social work."
k great. 
i don't need buttloads of money.
I want to go into social work 
because i want to help others
not so i can impress/please others
this is my life
and i'm going to enjoy it as i please

i'm going to spend too much money on oreos
buy the clothes i like
waste too much time watching movies
sleep more than i should
go into social work for me. 

i love serving others.
i have been to india.
twice.
and i plan on going back again. 
i like helping people
and seeing the change i can make in their own.
because right now i have  pretty great life.
i have great roommates, 
great friends, 
a family that loves me 
(sometimes)
i have a bed
i have food
i have a home
and i want others to have that 
so whatever i can do to help 
i would be willing to do anything. 

so please stop telling me that
 i am not going to do well in social work
i can make the most of what i'm given
with the degree i am working toward right now.

xoxo jordie

Comments