F I G U R E D = O U T

I'VE DONE IT.
I'VE FIGURED IT OUT.
What is "it" you ask?
my life.
I have figured out my life.

I got accepted into the U, but I am going to defer so I can go to SLCC (or Snow) for one more semester getting a few more classes in.. then - work for a semester. Cause I hope by Spring 2017 semester I hope to have a pretty good paying job (better than the Snow College pool that's for sure) So I can just work on getting a car, and save the rest for the U.

So my plan: just cause i need to write it down.
-work all summer
-take classes at SLCC (or snow)
-Find a better job for Fall and Spring
-Work
-Make money
-Go to the U fall 2017
-Graduate Spring 2018
-BE DONE WITH COLLEGE.

Geez it feels good to finally know what I am doing. don't get me wrong it took a lot to get me here. I had to go to India twice, take interesting classes, have amazing teachers, ask a lot of questions, talk to my counselor, study different colleges to figure out what's best, save up, etc.

All of you who are mad and annoyed that you don't know what you wanna do yet. DONT WORRY. You'll get there, but I promise it takes time and experiences to decide what you want to do for the rest of your life. Don't take it lightly, it's a huge decision.

Honestly thinking about what us college students in our 20s are going through. We are deciding to do things that affect us for the rest of our lives, marriage, schooling, money management, studying efforts, etc. The smallest decisions may have a huge impact of what we are going to be doing in the next few years. It's crazy to think about. And even crazier that we go from high school where they expect us to act like adults but get treated like babies to go to college where they expect you to do all this stuff they never even taught you.

I never learned how to do taxes, save money, live on my own, etc. You don't learn any of that when you are growing up. But by all means I should have to learn how to math, english, and learn a different language. That most likely i'll forget or never even need in my life. Yeah its good to learn it and see if we like it or if we are good at it, but if we are forced to learn it and we are only getting C's or D's in those classes why force us to ruin your GPA, not get in a good college, etc. When instead of learning Calculus I could be learning how to manage money and do my own taxes that 100% will affect me in the future.

I just don't understand why I have to go through high school because I can honestly tell you I didn't learn much...

I don't even know how i got from my life plan to questioning the high school curriculum, but it happened. so... this is awkward.

that's my life and those are my thoughts on high school.. enjoy.. hahah.

xoxo jordie

sorry i've been so bad lately, but I haven't had anything even remotely blog worthy happen in awhile.

Comments