S N O W - C O L L E G E

DEAR SNOW COLLEGE:

       First of let me start by saying thank you, thank you for all the memories you have given me, I really am grateful. You let me find my first boyfriend, an amazing roommate, my career path I want to pursue, and countless more opportunities in the two years I've been here. Thank you, but that is not all.

      Snow College you suck. Honestly and truthfully, you are the worst! You aren't all sunshine, rainbows, and happiness. You bring tears, sadness and heartache as well. You are going to give me the hardest goodbyes, and painful endings to a great few years I've had here.

      You had so much diversity from huge poly football players, to amazingly talented music majors that have been here for years to your basic cowboy/girl and the unavoidable city kid (me). You can bring people from all across the country, state and globe together to create amazing bonds that are going to last a lifetime. I have met people from Cedar, Norway, Logan, Australia and everywhere in between and I love them all. Snow College is such a small campus that complete strangers smile and ask how you are doing on the streets. You can J walk anywhere and no one is going to hit you because 1 they will pay for your tuition and 2 they don't have to hurry cause the furthest class on campus is only 5 minutes away when you are driving. When you come to Snow College you accept the title of being a Badger but you also accept the title of being from Ephraim. The town where there is a Walmart and only a few other places to go. Yet there is still so much going on all the time. You can play soccer, ultimate frisbee, basketball, go swimming, do western swing, go hunting, hiking, fishing all within an arm's distance here in Ephraim. It's a small town but it's full of fun.

      There are so many great things about you Snow College, but I can honestly say again you are terrible. WHY on earth would you only be a two year school? You pull people from all over in, give them an experience of a lifetime then push each one of us out in a million different ways. Most end up at SUU or USU but some go up to the U or BYU, UVU or wherever else people go. When their heart belongs in Ephraim at Snow College. Two years isn't enough time at Snow College, for us non-music majors it's hard to find a reason to stay because we have to get our degree somewhere else. If I could I would stay at Snow for another two years if you had a Therapeutic Recreation degree here. I love big cities and I am 100% a city girl when I first started here, but slowly and slowly I am falling in love with the small town ways. I don't want to go to Orem, Logan or Salt Lake. I want Ephraim.

      I have also fallen in love with so many people down here like my boyfriend Tayt, my roommate Kelsey, my girls HaziB Kass and Cheryl, the bros Kade, Kade and Jake. I die everytime thinking that I have to leave them all this year, and that most of them won't be going to the same school as me ever again. Snow College is high school again. You all live close together but after you graduate you separate and cry and cry and cry because nothing is gonna be the same. This year especially I have met people who have taken my world and shaken it into something amazing. I can't count the times Tayt has made me smile and laugh, held me when I cried, done small things for. He is my best friend and not living in the building right next to him is going to be one of the worst things, and it's all thanks to Snow College and the fact that he came a year too late or I came a year too early. Freshman and Sophomores only get one year together here. That is torture. ALL my friends this year are Freshman and I am so jealous they get another year together when I have to leave the party and miss out on this once in a lifetime chance to live by these weirdos for another year.

      This is my warning to new students that you may come in contact with in the future. You will fall in love with people, Ephraim, and Snow college. You will meet amazing people, you will have amazing teachers and fall in love with the locals that are so old and bring you treats at work. You will have the experience of a lifetime, and hopefully you are as lucky as I am and have an amazing two years here. Don't get me wrong it sucks at times because everyone goes home on the weekends, but you can stay you can go on hikes, go make new friends, go to the temple. There are a lot of things you can do here, you just have to put yourself out there and meet people.

I love you Snow College, you are going to be one of my hardest goodbyes.

Xoxo
Jordie

Comments

Post a Comment