P E E K I N - I N

k. there have been a few things going on that haven't really been working in my favor. But right now i am over that and am ready to start over. I am never going to forget what happened, people who have changed my life and my best friends. But a new start is really looking good right now because I am taking a big step in my life in a few months. I start my Recreational Therapy degree and in just under 2 years I will most likely be a University of Utah graduate, and have a job in the real world. I'll be 21 and graduated as a Recreational Therapist (hopefully) ready to take on the world one step at a time.

This past year at snow has taught me so many things about relationships, boys, friends, and myself and I couldn't be more thankful for the people in my life. I honestly don't know where I would be if I hadn't spent 8 months with Tayten, or if HaziB hadn't taken Social Work with me, or if I hadn't gone to India a second time which is what sparked my interest in Recreational Therapy. I honestly don't know where I would be and am so thankful for all those things and people happening in my life at the time they did to help push me in the right direction.

But lets also not forget that timing has screwed over quite a few things in my life. Like tonight, I stayed in Ephraim because I thought I was going to go to a cabin to party with some of my best friends in this last weekend here at Snow College. But that didn't happen and I missed out on going home to help my mom and the Corner Canyon Special Needs class at Prom! And let's not forget the timing of the most amazing relationship to happen in my life. I had honestly always wanted to be in the grade younger than me because I was the youngest in my grade and I hated it. Which would have changed my life dramatically - I don't know if I would have ended up at Snow but if I had I wonder how my life would have been different. Would have I met the b11 boys and the beautiful a5 ladies? would i have figured out that i wanted to do recreational therapy? Would I ever have gone to India?

Lately I have been cursing this whole concept of timing because it hasn't worked in my favor, but when i look back in the past it has been on my side. I never made cheer or Student Government and PLT in high school, but I was ASL and HOSA President, I was on PLT at CC. I was apart of the first graduating class at Corner Canyon, where I first heard of Snow College. I went to Jibhi and met Sunita and Shabu and my Shaanti team, which lead me to meeting Pooja and my Jeevan team. Which knocked over the domino that got me in Recreational Therapy, that got me into the U. the dominos stop there for right now. But i am eager to see how things work out in the next few years. Some relationships will fall apart, some relationships will grow, some relationships will start and I'm ready for that fresh start to see how all my relationships work out.

Right now I don't want to jump ahead in my life and try and grow up too quick, but sometimes I wish I could open the door to the future and see what works out and what doesn't just so I know how to act right now. That'd be helpful to see what I need to keep building and what I just need to knock over.

Summer is almost here and it makes me just as sad as it does excited. You guys know I love Snow College, but you also know how much I love being tan and how excited I am to finally be a Ute!

Cross your fingers for me that I do good and follow the right paths! :)

xoxo jordie

Comments