Y U B A

k. I finally did something fun! Last weekend.. so ya know its a little late but its fine right?

so my YSA (Young Single Adults) Ward took an overnight trip to Yuba lake, and I decided I should probably get to know some people in my ward because I am going to be with them for awhile. I invited Samantha to come with me, and thankfully she said yes and came. We started the trip off by getting treats cause who can survive a camping trip without treats? After we got our treats, we headed over to the church where it was all about our waivers (no joke 20 minutes of make sure you have your waiver filled out) (for a good reason, just reminds me a little of passports guys let me see your passports! @ my shaanti family)


we finally were headed out around 5 o'clock. Samantha and I jumped in a car with 3 random guys, but it was fun Josh drove, Joel got shot gun and Jozsef was stuck in the back with us girls. We learned they all just met and became friends like 24 hours before we headed out to Yuba Lake. They like mountain biking, Joel is from Cali, Josh doesn't like dancing, and Jozsef will get a coloring app if Samantha says it's cool.. haha


Once we made it to our campsite in Levan, it was a fend for yourselves thing. Samantha and I sat at a table and quickly people wandered over to come sit by us.. haha just kidding. We started talking to Mandy (Friend #4) cause she had a sick henna on her ankle, duh you guys know how much I love henna! Her friend Jessica (Friend 5) was there with her since they are roommates down in Provo. Crazy thing, Jessica and I kept thinking to ourselves this girl looks so familiar how do i know her, she finally said something and it still didn't click how we knew each other, just that we did. Conversation went on and Austin and Allie (friends 6 and 7) came up to join us! Austin is one of the funniest kids ever (ok he isn't a kid he is 6 years older than me but it's fine) he was trying to sing this song that was like totally a 70s song but he was singing it in a country accent so we teased him about that for awhile. Then I found out Allie knew my Nicole and Jess and Myles and is extremely funny!


Some new friends came to sit by me (finally!!) Ryan and Daniel came to chill for a little, we found out they went to Utah State like Sam, and we just kinda talked and got to know each other really well.

Them: Whats your name?
Me: Jordyn
Them: I'm really bad with names so I'll probably forget that.
Me: No worries me too, Where do you go to school?
Them: BYU/UVU (take your pick it was like 60% BYU 40% UVU) What about you?
Me: I just graduated from Snow so I am going to head up to the U in the Fall.
Them: Oh thats cool what are you studying?
Me: Recreational Therapy
Them: That's cool, what is that?
Me: Explains, What about you what are you studying?
Them: ___________
Me: No way thats awesome, When did you graduate?
Them: _____________
Me: Did you just get back from a mission?
Them: Yeah I went to _____________.
Me: No way to do you know ______________?
Them: Nope
Me: K cool. Did you go to Lone Peak?
Them: Yep, what about you?
Me: I went to Alta then graduated from Corner Canyon.
Them: Oh that's cool do you know __________.
Me: Yeah no way I love them.
Them: So did your family just move here recently or what?
Me: Nope I've been in your ward for the 2 years I've been able to come to this ward.. I live in Suncrest.
Them: Suncrest? No way that's awesome
Me: Nope not really.

K to an extent that was my conversation with everyone the whole trip! Then we kinda moved on and had a real convo don't worry!


But after meeting all those people we went back to making fun of Austin about his country singing, then Jessica brought up Country dancing... I FREAKED OUT we finally figured out how we knew each other. I went country dancing and she was there, and i totally hated her cause all the guys kept dancing with her and wouldn't ask me. But she was really good so i didn't even mind watching cause it was awesome!


After we finished freaking out, we went over to play some frisbee, we kinda sucked (except Ryan) after a little Clara and Chloe joined us (8 and 9) then a little while later we decided once we started hearing the guns go off that we wanted to check that out! We went over there and apparently everyone else wanted to check it out too so we went back and saw the dessert was out, and music was playing so we went over there for a little where we met Luke, Jake and Taylor (10, 11 and 12) who were throwing hatchets, they wanted us to come over but ya know that kinda freaked me out so i skipped it and just talked to them instead! After a little while a good song came on so we started dancing for a minute where we met Jake (yep another one) (#13) That's also where I saw cute Rachel Nash and her brother Josh (#14 and 15) we talked for a little, then decided to go set up our tent! We were kinda struggling cause it was a super weird tent. So another Ryan (14) came over to help us, but ya know i totally figured out how to do it he was just the muscle! haha.


After our tent was up we kinda just wandered around for a little, people were shooting, throwing frisbee, just talking, setting up tents, kayaking in the little river next to us, etc. so we just walked around. Then it was movie time so we went to set up our seats. We watched count of monte cristo where i totally fell asleep. But before I fell asleep I met Jackson (16 and 1st ute I have encountered). Ryan and Daniel sat by Sam and I, but like i said i fell asleep and the movie woke me up, so i like sulked out of my chair and fell to the ground where i fell asleep again and that time i was out cold! Daniel was going to carry me to my tent if i didn't wake up. But i did and after that we went to the kitchen area to talk to Jackson, Ryan and Daniel for a little! Then we went of to bed. Casually we talked for a little while then fell asleep mid sentence!


I woke up that morning to snickers cause people could see into our tent cause the fly blew off cause we didn't care if it was on or not. But it flew off to the side people could see us as they walked from their tents to the kitchen area. Which was super rad.. ahha not. But we woke up packed up, and ate breakfast! We sat and talked with Ryan, and Austin again, Then luke and Taylor came over for a little too! Once breakfast was done we hopped back in the car with the J boys (josh, joel and jozsef) to head over to the lake. We were definitely some of the first ones out there. We waited a little while and met Mac (17) Rylie (18) and Daniel (19) then decided to hop on Bishops boat and tube with Savannah, Jordan and Robert, Justene (20-23) Rachel and Josh were out there too and we decided to do some tube wars, Rachel was awesome and the girls totally won! We beached and traded spots, so we just hung out on the beach for awhile tossed the football, got shoved in the mud hole, but had a blast! We headed up to the pavilion and had some lunch where we met Phebe cause she had a Kortni Jeane swimmer on! :) We ate then decided to head back down the beach!


We layed out and just talked to Savannah and Taylor (24) for awhile, then got back on bishops boat for more wars this time we were with Jordan, Trent (25) and 2 others that i don't remember their names... so sad! so sorry guys! but it was way intense but i didn't fall off once! So go girls! We clearly won everytime! After that we headed back into the beach and packed up. but the J boys that we rode down with were still out so we sat around for 45 minutes waiting for them. Then started making the long drive home. I fell asleep cause i was exhausted. A while later we made it back to the church and we headed home. I took a long shower and counted the bug bites. 49+ guys i had more than 49 bug bites. so FML.


Yuba was a blast! I had such a good time meeting my 25+ new friends! Honestly that made such a big difference, now I wanted to go to church and activities because before going to Yuba I literally knew no one, not a single person. The next day at church I sat by Jake, and Justene and it was fantastic cause I felt like i could actually be there and wasn't just that random girl that sits alone every week... hahah

That night was also Mix and Mingle. I went talked to A new trent who went to snow, Allie, Mac, Rachel, Josh and met Christina. So yay for new friends and an exciting new start to the summer! hahah..

also last night was a dance party, there honestly weren't a lot of people there but the people who where there (ryan, daniel, mac, rylie, daniel, clara, chloe, jake) were a blast! haha people who just don't care what they look like while dancing are the best people! hahah... sorry i am saying haha too much!


but yep. That's my update! :)

hopefully more happens now that I have friends near by again!

WAIT also last night i got to see andrea again. so just thought you all should know she is alive and well and waiting for me to get married so that we can have kids at the same time so they can be best friends too! haha but i'm watching her dog and her parents dogs next week so ya know that's like kinda hanging out with her right? I'll be staying at her (parents) house so thats fun right? haha! :)


well until next time fam

xoxo jordie

Comments