2017 + a little secret

honestly have had the best year ever. on January 4th I decided that 2017 was going to be my year of travel and it was. I went to India in May, Vietnam in August, Banff in October, Mexico in November and still deciding on where I'm going to spend the New Year. I'm so excited for the changes that are happening in my life.

This year has been so good and so not. I've had a lot of bad news texts, calls, and talks. But all in all yesterday was my favorite day because December 19, 2017 at approximately 7:00 pm I submitted my LDS mission papers. I am going on a mission y'all. I really don't know what to expect now. It's just a waiting game until my call comes. and then i'll probably tell you that that's the best day of the year cause I'll finally know where I am going to spend my next 18 months.

It's honestly the craziest story of how it all happened. So rewind a few months... I'm just living life going to school, working, trying to be social, blah blah blah. I fail a class due to some hard news that I received at the end of the semester. So that put me behind to graduate unfortunately. But whatever right? its summer I can worry about the next semester in the Fall when it comes. So I go to India with YMAD, work all day everyday I swear, hang out with friends, go to Vietnam with the Goellers and while I'm there I'm missing the first week of school. Which really made me realize I didn't want to go back to school. The class I had failed wasn't offered till spring and I didn't want to pay $6,000 for another semester at the U.

So I take a semester off and am just working for a little. Then realize I haven't traveled in like a month I should probably do something haha. So I take a trip up to Canada with honestly some of the greatest humans in the world. The trip was honestly such a dream. Until my brother and I got some news that we had lost our brother. I was surrounded by a few of my best friends and my brother so we managed to pull through the rest of the weekend and make it home on Monday as planned. That trip was unique because a kid that I liked came on that trip, and things were working out really well until we got home; and I found out that it was just a vacation fling to him. K cool. Love boys.

But I already knew they sucked so I moved on with my life. I was focusing on that and spending time with my family for the funeral for Ty. The funeral was so beautiful, and spending that time with my family just really made me love and appreciate them so much. I love them and I love Ty.

After the funeral the mission idea kinda popped into my head. i suppressed that (again) since I have a million times previous I didn't even think twice about it until the people I nanny for told me that they didn't have the funds for a nanny anymore. When they told me that I cried (i definitely hid it pretty well i think) but i didn't cry because I was sad (i am guys i really do love this family) but i was crying because in that exact moment I knew I should go on a mission. Nothing was holding me back. No boyfriend, loving not being in school, and no job come 2018.

After the funeral and the news from the family I nanny for i put most of my focus on my trip to Mexico with Revive Humanity (EVERYONE PLEASE GO CHECK THEM OUT I LOVE THEM). But before I left that mission thought really wouldn't leave my mind so I called up Brother Sparks and set up a meeting for the wednesday after I got home from Mexico and just kind of left it at that thinking if i got home and didn't want to i could still cancel it and plan my next trip. But I Spent thanksgiving in El Olvido, Mexico and it was unreal.  Honestly it was the greatest Thanksgiving I could have had because the village we were in was beautiful the family we stayed with literally turned into family and the people there with me were perfect. A few in particular. Ethan and Jeff. Ethan was my punk little brother for the trip and wouldn't leave me alone so we pestered each other the whole trip, which really was one of the greatest friendships I gained. And then there was Jeff. Jeff was Ethan's dad and we were talking for a little bit and we got on the topic of missions. I was like ok ok I get it a mission is what I should do. I said I was thinking about it and kinda left it at that. Then at the airport when we were leaving Ryan and I had to get off our plane due to whatever was going on with it. still not sure what it was exactly. But we got off nonetheless and ran into Jeff and Ethan who were on the later flight to LAX. But jeff mentioned the mission again and right then and there I decided I was going to go on a mission. I almost broke into tears because of how good it left and how right it felt honestly! So i flew home and met with bishop and started those papers.

got them done as fast as i could and submitted them officially yesterday. I was talking to a friend and the stake president after they were submitted and jake knows me pretty well but laycock didn't but he was still saying that he could just tell  I was going to be such a good missionary. and I honestly just had the butterflies in my stomach. Like the ones you get when you see the guy you like. yeah those but a MILLION times better.

Guys I know whereever i get called is where i'm supposed to be to meet those people cause dang... Heavenly father has been working on me for awhile and I think he started when he did so I would give up fighting it when I did. I am just really hoping to get out of here and go but also realizing that visas don't always come so quickly ( obvious hoping foreign ;) can ya tell) haha but ya know i am excited so see ya soon folks of idaho, or peru, or brazil, or india (i wish), or sweden, or england. wherever i go i'll love it cause everyone loves their mission.

ahhhh i still cant believe it
i'll keep yall updated. let me know if you have guesses or want to come to the opening. anyone who reads my blog is invited because you guys are the best honestly!

xoxo soon to be sister standage.

p.s. so happy i am not doing this alone and that sister broadbent will be out there on a mission with me.
so if yall have any advice for us. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. like where to get cute sister missionary shoes..hahha but for reals.

Comments